Today's Post: Thursday, 1-7-2010
Many years ago I started taking a supplement called Chromium Polynicotinate. (I take 200 mcg of Chromium Polynicotinate from Solgar each day.)
1. Dr Julian Whitaker found that Chromium helped his patients lower their total cholesterol.
And, either because of the chromium and/or the niacin bound to it, I believe that some of the credit for the HDL readings of over 90 I’ve been getting are due to my taking Chromium Polynicotinate.
2. Chromium is in whole grains. One of the reasons eating refined grains tends to produce type 2 diabetes is that chromium is apparently essential for your body to process sugars and other high glycemic foods like grains. Unfortunately refined grains no longer have any chromium.
So, by already taking Chromium Polynicotinate,
instead of getting type 2 diabetes when my blood sugar was too high -- at 115 it was still below that level instead;
AND just cutting out about half my sugar intake and adding 200 mg a day of alpha lipoic acid and continuing to exercise was enough to lower it back down to 87.
Had I not been taking 200 mcg a day of Chromium Polynicotinate, I might well not have been so fortunate.
3. One study found some health problems with the other common chromium supplement, chromium picolinate. (Since it caused damage to DNA, it may well speed aging or cause some cancers or hurt your future children if you have any.) So, since that might cause a problem and Chromium Polynicotinate has extra heart protection benefits, I take and recommend Chromium Polynicotinate instead.
>>> HERE’S the new information today’s post is about.:
Taking 400 to 600 micrograms a day of Chromium Polynicotinate was found to increase blood levels of dopamine.
1. Dopamine is the feel good blood messenger. Having higher levels makes you enjoy and notice the good things in your life more. Having low levels makes you feel mildly depressed or more depressed in some cases. Among other things, if you have enough dopamine, you enjoy your sex life more.
So that means taking Chromium Polynicotinate at 400 to 600 micrograms a day makes you feel better.
(This also will help with increasing your heart protection and improving your HDL and LDL test results and will likely also help you keep your blood sugar levels OK and help you properly process the sugars you do still eat.)
2. But here’s the fat loss effect. One of the drugs that has worked to cause fat loss works by including an anti-addiction drug that prevents you from enjoying eating sugar.
So when sugar is less rewarding and addictive, you eat less of it and fewer packaged snacks and dessert treats & tend to lose excess fat.
But that’s not the only way to get there. It seems that people who are too fat and who are addicted to sugar and foods like packaged snacks and dessert treats need the extra reward those foods provide -- because they are LOW in dopamine!
That means that instead of feeling rewarded enough by eating savory foods or fresh fruit, since they are low in dopamine, they need the extra reward feeling they get by eating junky but feel good and sugary foods.
But that plus the news that taking 400 to 600 mcg a day of fewer packaged snacks and dessert treats increases dopamine means that instead of having to pay up to take an anti-addiction drug that may decrease your enjoyment in life by blunting your reward system, you can take a bit of extra Chromium Polynicotinate and feel better and more easily eat less fattening foods too!
So for less than $15 a month you can feel better and more easily lose or keep off excess fat too by taking 400 to 600 mcg a day of Chromium Polynicotinate.
When you add up the benefits, Chromium Polynicotinate is well worth adding to your supplements if you don’t already take it.